[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Techila Community Forums • View topic - Error when running R code on Mac

Error when running R code on Mac

Error when running R code on Mac

Postby e88 » 2017-01-02 09:02:59

I successfully installed techila on R. I use Mac and followed the mac specific instructions. However when I try to make any calculation I
receive the following error message:

"Error in init(sdkroot = sdkroot, initFile = initFile, password =
password) :
/lib/techila.jar not found, set TECHILA_SDKROOT environment
variable"

Can you please help me with this?
e88

Re: Error when running R code on Mac

Postby garrett » 2017-01-02 09:09:03

garrett

Postby e88 » 2017-01-02 09:11:04

Let me be more specific. Imagine I run the following command:

“ results <- cloudfor(i = 1:10) %t% {i + 1} "

then I receive the following error message:

Estimating steps per worker...
Executed 10 loops in 0.025 seconds. Will perform max 8001 iterations per job
Error in init(sdkroot = sdkroot, initFile = initFile, password = password) :
/lib/techila.jar not found, set TECHILA_SDKROOT environment variable
e88

Postby eerola » 2017-01-02 09:20:51

macOS is not an officially supported platform in the Techila Distributed Computing Engine. But because R is an interpreted language, and because of the architecture of the Techila SDK, you can run code that is written in R programming language from a Mac OS X computer. The Workers can be Linux or Windows.
eerola
Techila Staff
Techila Staff

Postby eerola » 2017-01-02 09:27:32

I guess, in this case, the error message means that the Techila R components can't find the ‘techila.jar’ file. You can use the ‘.sdkroot’ parameter to set the path of your ‘techila’ directory.

If your ‘techila’ directory is ‘/Users/johndoe/techila’, then you would need to modify your cloudfor statement as shown below

results <- cloudfor(i = 1:10,.sdkroot="/Users/johndoe/techila") %t% {i + 1}

After setting the ‘.sdkroot’ parameter, please source the code and try running it again.

If you do not want to set the ‘techila’ directory location directly in your code, you can create an environment variable TECHILA_SDKROOT and set it to point to the ‘techila’ directory location. If you choose to use an environment variable to define the ‘techila’ directory location, please restart your R session after having set the environment variable.
eerola
Techila Staff
Techila Staff

Postby hazimali » 2019-03-03 07:12:07

I agree with the first reply
hazimali

Postby techila support » 2019-04-16 06:38:41

Just to clarify this. Techila SDK supports both Windows and Linux. Using Mac OS X is no longer supported.

If you are using Mac OS X and want to try Techila, you can do this, for example, by setting up a virtual computer that has either a Windows or Linux based operating system and isntalling the Techila SDK on the virtual computer.
Techila MATLAB documentation available here:

http://www.techilatechnologies.com/help ... ngine.html
techila support
Techila Staff
Techila Staff

Return to R