HPC SOLUTION TECHILA IS A FINALIST IN MICROSOFT’S EUROPEAN BIZSPARK
– Microsoft appreciates the easy combination of its cloud services and high-performance computing
Techila Technologies, a privately held company specializing in HPC, has been selected as one of 15 entries to be given a chance to present their solution at the Microsoft European BizSpark Summit. Out of the thousands of original entries of early stage high-tech companies, now a short list of 15, an independent international jury will choose the winner on the basis of the presentations given in Brussels on June 14th. Techila is the only finalist from Finland.
– BizSpark is a great opportunity for us to present our solution at the Summit to the over 200 invitees who represent various types of investors, ICT companies as well as international media. We naturally go the first prize, but just being a finalist will certainly facilitate the reaching of new audiences for the message on how Techila helps to access massive cloud computing capacity for high-performance computing, says Rainer Wehkamp, founder of Techila Technologies.
– HPC is needed in business, research as well as product development whether the end use is optimization, modeling, simulation or data analyses. Yet computing capacity is often in short supply and further investments in infrastructure and energy are not a viable option. Techila together with cloud computing services, such as Windows Azure, makes massive computing capacity rapidly and easily available.
The finalists are all members of Microsoft BizSpark program, which means they have access to significant support from Microsoft in further enhancing their solution, encouragement for going international and help in accessing financing needed for growth. Finalists have passed several rounds of expert evaluations, meaning the final 15 really represent the very best ideas.
– We at Microsoft see strong growth for cloud computing. This technology creates added value in many types of applications independent of the end-user device. Thus it is not surprising that all finalists are in some way connected to the Azure cloud computing platform, says Mika Okkola, Director, Developer and Platform Evangelism, Microsoft Oy.
– One factor in the selection of finalists was which companies are best equipped to gain more funding from the market for further developing their solution and for international marketing. The finalists will also gain world-class coaching for their presentations, Mika Okkola says.
For more information:
Techila Technologies, founder Rainer Wehkamp, tel: +358 40 960 5233
Techila is a revolutionary high-performance computing solution that cuts computing times from days to minutes. Techila harnesses the idle capacity of organizations’ existing computer resources resulting in a solution with a superior total cost of ownership compared to other computing solutions. It is seamlessly integrated to all major applications and platforms and it requires minimal system management due to its autonomic architecture. www.techilatechnologies.com